Christmas 2015

Christmas 2015
God Bless Our Troops

Click on the cabin below to see our family website.

Click on the cabin below to see our family website.
We love what we do!

This and that - May 22, 2008

On the business front:
I have been testing our new simmer scents. I have not found a simmer pot that I like yet - they don't get the water hot enough. But, I have been using a small saucepan on the stove, bringing it to a boil and then turning the stove off. The kitchen smells wonderful. The anise stars in the orange/clove blend smell mmmmmmm.

On the lowcarb front
The other night I tried the Revoloopsie rolls that Cleochatra has been blogging about. I couldn't figure out how they were different from the Atkins version until I opened my eyes and actually read both recipes. I think the extra cream cheese makes these taste much less "eggy." I am loving them.

Someone on Cleo's blog mentioned trying them with almond flour. That will be next. I have a recipe for Cinnamon Cheese Danish (don't remember where this recipe came from) that I would like to tweak with a combo of Cleo's Oopsies and a change in baking time. Maybe this weekend.

No comments: