God Bless Our Troops
Summer vacation is drawing to a close. The summer went so fast - probably because it was a good one. It's time to get the media center in shape for the returning students. Time to go back to work. Actually, I shouldn't sigh. In a few more months, I will not be doing this job. It's one that I have, for the most part, loved. I have been fortunate in my life to have been able to find jobs that I like. I think what I am really feeling is the unsettling realization that time moves very rapidly - more rapidly than we would like.

Last night I made peppermint soap. I smells wonderful. It looks awful. LOL! I will not be using the color combo that I used last night. I had forgotten that peachy pink is more peach than pink. I swirled the soap with that color and a deep green. It looked promising, but as the soap cools it just ain't makin' it in the looks department. The soap itself is great and my cantors will love receiving it, but I get frustrated with myself when I make color boo boos like that. Oh well, now I know what NOT to use.

I have lots to do today. I've gotten behind on housework. I have to get some retirement papers notarized, I have more work to do in my workroom. Lots of stuff.

Oh, I took some video of myself last night. Ugh. Nothing like a little video to get you movin'.

Word of the day:
Matthew 22:1-14
Once more Jesus spoke to them in parables, saying: "The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave a wedding banquet for his son. Then he said to his slaves, 'The wedding is ready. Go therefore into the main streets, and invite everyone you find to the wedding banquet.' Those slaves went out into the streets and gathered all whom they found, both good and bad; so the wedding hall was filled with guests. But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing a wedding robe, and he said to him, 'Friend, how did you get in here without a wedding robe?' And he was speechless. Then the king said to the attendants, 'Bind him hand and foot, and throw him into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.' For many are called, but few are chosen."

Thoughts from the cornfield:
I never understood this passage because when I was younger I thought it meant that the poor man was being discriminated against because he didn't have wedding clothes. It was explained to me that guests were provided with robes and this man chose not to wear one. So this man chose not to put on the wedding garment which is symbolic of salvation. He was offered a gift that he didn't earn - couldn't earn. He was given a choice. He made the wrong choice. Let those who have ears hear.

God bless the troops!

No comments: