God Bless Our Troops

Saturday, October 18, 2008






This just in: A Rite of Passage has occurred.
You can see the sign better in the second picture.



Today's agenda? Clean, Clean, Clean, play Mass, do a Vigil service.

Okay, I'm angry. Really angry. Let me be clear. I am pro life in all areas. I do not believe in capital punishment because I believe that only God has the right to take away the life he has created. In the clip below, we hear Obama saying that he supports efforts to save a baby who has survived an abortion. He hems and he haws. We see no evidence of the cool, collected, eloquent speaker for which he is almost diefied.





Here is Senator Obama, caught off guard speaking from his core beliefs. Please, Mr. Obama, exactly how has this been misrepresented? It saddens me that the BAIPA is even necessary. It would seem that basic humanity should be enough. Mr. Obama, exactly what issues are within your pay grade?





No, I am not pro-war, but there are some causes that are worth dying for. The people who died in the 9-11 attack had a right to life, the people who died under Saddam Hussein's regime had a right to life, the people killed by Al Quaida and the Taliban had a right to life. Would I love it if there were no wars? You bet! Do I have enormous love for our men and women in the military? You bet! Do I think they are over there just "air-raiding villages and killing civilians?"





I have yet to hear Senator Obama apologize for this dispicable remark.

And I am sick unto death of Mr. Obama's skin color being injected into this presidential race. It is not the color of Senator Obama's skin that frightens me - it is the moral code from which he operates that scares me to death. From a Christian point of view, neither party lives up to Jesus' command - that is true. It's been pointed out time and again by my own pastor. But . . . the unborn cannot speak for themselves. It is one thing to preach on peace and non-violence, but let's remember that non-violence is not just a "Sunday" virtue. Non violence does not just involve what we do, but also what we say and how we treat people each and every day of our lives. I am not guiltless here, by any means. I have a quick temper and tend to sometimes fly off the handle, reacting before thinking. My husband and kids have taught me valuable lessons about thinking before speaking, so I am not exempting myself from these issues.

Now, if you disagree with me, that is fine. I just ask that if you feel the need to comment on this blog, you be respectful. I will not tolerate profanity or any other kind of abuse on this blog. It is mine, and I have rights guaranteed by the constitution.

It was never my intention to let politics take over my blog, but there are some exceptions that are worth making.


Word of the day:

Feast of Saint Luke, evangelist
Gospel
Lk 10:1-9
The Lord Jesus appointed seventy-two disciples
whom he sent ahead of him in pairs
to every town and place he intended to visit.
He said to them,
“The harvest is abundant but the laborers are few;
so ask the master of the harvest
to send out laborers for his harvest.
Go on your way;
behold, I am sending you like lambs among wolves.
Carry no money bag, no sack, no sandals;
and greet no one along the way.
Into whatever house you enter,
first say, ‘Peace to this household.’
If a peaceful person lives there,
your peace will rest on him;
but if not, it will return to you.
Stay in the same house and eat and drink what is offered to you,
for the laborer deserves payment.
Do not move about from one house to another.
Whatever town you enter and they welcome you,
eat what is set before you,
cure the sick in it and say to them,
‘The Kingdom of God is at hand for you.’”

Thoughts from the cornfield:
Too bad Jesus isn't in charge of political campaigns. Think of what tremendous good that money could do in the hands of - say - a person like Mother Teresa?


God Bless our troops!

No comments: