God Bless Our Troops

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Since I had the small carb up on Sunday night I decided to take yesterday as my carb up day. I think my rotation is going to be like this.

Sunday - carb up
Monday - 20 grams
Tuesday - 20 grams
Wednesday -20 grams
Thursday - 30 or less carbs
Friday - 40 or less carbs
Saturday - 60 or less carbs

Since I had my carb up yesterday, I may do induction levels on Thursday this week also. As I figured, my weight was up on the scale this morning. Carbs hold water. Getting back to induction levels should cause me to dump the water I am holding this morning. This is not Wendy Chant's rotation, but I want to see how this works. On Sunday morning I will assess how it worked .
***********************************************************
A few weeks ago we heard a homily on confronting someone we think is in error. The three conditions were:
Is it true?
Is it necessary?
Is it done out of love?
I feel a need to confront someone and the first 2 conditions are met. It is the third that I am struggling with. I do not like this person. But you don't have to like someone to love him or her as a Christian. This person has the capacity to damage a lot of people. Confronting this person could severely impact many lives. I am not sure I have the ability to confront him or her out of love. I am angry and I am sad. I have a bit of a temper. I need to pray about this a lot more. I have to make sure that I am acting out of love and that I am not guilty of "rejoicing in someone's wrongdoing."
It will be what I think about on my walk this morning.
I will also be praying for Edna, Tori, Bob, Kristi, and many others who are dear to my heart.

Daily stats:
Type:Walk/jog
Route: Deadend/back

Time: 20
Average heart rate: battery dead on my hrm
Maximum heart rate: battery was dead on my hrm
Up .8 from last Tuesday



Word of the day
Tuesday of the Twenty-seventh week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : Our Lady of Rosary
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 10,38-42.
As they continued their journey he entered a village where a woman whose name was Martha welcomed him.
She had a sister named Mary (who) sat beside the Lord at his feet listening to him speak.
Martha, burdened with much serving, came to him and said, "Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me by myself to do the serving? Tell her to help me."
The Lord said to her in reply, "Martha, Martha, you are anxious and worried about many things.
There is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part and it will not be taken from her."


Thoughts from the cornfield:
Many of us are prone to measure our lives by how much we get done in a day. Now being goal oriented is not - in and of itself - a bad thing. I, however, have a tendency to get so caught up in the goal that I forget to appreciate the journey. Jesus wasn't so much criticizing Martha as he was urging her to enjoy the journey. Both Mary and Martha were serving the Lord, but serving the Lord should not involve anxiety and worry. As humans it can be very easy to slip into being so focused on the act of serving that we forget the person who is supposed to be on the receiving end. "We do not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God." Martha was focused on feeding. Mary was focused on being fed.



God bless our troops!

No comments: