God Bless Our Troops

Sunday, November 16, 2008

We had our best show ever yesterday. The only negative was that we didn't have enough space. Our booth was continually stuffed with people. LOL! We doubled what we did last year at this same show. We have new products and apparently we filled a buying niche. We have never done so well at any one day show. Next year we will purchase 2 spaces.

Again, I forgot to take a camera so we could take a picture of our booth. The show promoters told us that we had a darling setup. The girls and I continue to hone our skills. Our major challenge is still set up and take down. I am looking at a heavy duty cart for loading and unloading. Maybe for Christmas? Hint Hint

We unloaded at Anna's last night. She is having a housewarming/business debut kind of thing. It's not so much to sell as to let people know what we are into. There will be food and fun.

I called Harold this morning to wish him a belated Happy Birthday. I called too late last night and they were already sleeping. He said Sam had seen a buck, but no one had gotten anything yet.


Daily stats:
Type: Walk/jog

Route: short video
Time: 15 minutes
Average heart rate:

Max heart rate:
Down 4.2 pounds from last Sunday

Tomorrow I am restarting Wendy's plan with a group of wonderful ladies from the Lowcarb Friends board. You're not supposed to have to go back to week one when you re-start, but I'm going to because I want to start clean. I misplaced my book, but I do have an online copy I can look at.


Word of the day:
Thirty-third Sunday in Ordinary Time
Gospel
Mt 25:14-30 or 25:14-15, 19-21

Jesus told his disciples this parable:
"A man going on a journey
called in his servants and entrusted his possessions to them.
To one he gave five talents; to another, two; to a third, one--
to each according to his ability.
Then he went away.
Immediately the one who received five talents went and traded with them,
and made another five.
Likewise, the one who received two made another two.
But the man who received one went off and dug a hole in the ground
and buried his master's money.

After a long time
the master of those servants came back
and settled accounts with them.
The one who had received five talents came forward
bringing the additional five.
He said, 'Master, you gave me five talents.
See, I have made five more.’
His master said to him, 'Well done, my good and faithful servant.
Since you were faithful in small matters,
I will give you great responsibilities.
Come, share your master's joy.’
Then the one who had received two talents also came forward and said,
'Master, you gave me two talents.
See, I have made two more.'
His master said to him, 'Well done, my good and faithful servant.
Since you were faithful in small matters,
I will give you great responsibilities.
Come, share your master's joy.’
Then the one who had received the one talent came forward and said,
'Master, I knew you were a demanding person,
harvesting where you did not plant
and gathering where you did not scatter;
so out of fear I went off and buried your talent in the ground.
Here it is back.'
His master said to him in reply, 'You wicked, lazy servant!
So you knew that I harvest where I did not plant
and gather where I did not scatter?
Should you not then have put my money in the bank
so that I could have got it back with interest on my return?
Now then! Take the talent from him and give it to the one with ten.
For to everyone who has,
more will be given and he will grow rich;
but from the one who has not,
even what he has will be taken away.
And throw this useless servant into the darkness outside,
where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth.'"

Thoughts from the cornfield:
In business, you have to spend money to make money. It's the same way with the gifts that God gives us - only when they are spent, do they increase. In fact, unless they are shared, by definition, they cease to exist.


God bless our troops!

No comments: