God Bless Our Troops

Thursday, January 29, 2009

On my other blog I wrote about being in a bit of a funk. That seems to be gone today. I have my day planned out and things always seem to go better when I do that.

I had Mass with the CCD kids last night. The song choices weren't on my all time favorite list, but the kids loved them and sang them loudly - always a good thing. The homily was on the Gospel of the day - God's word and the soil. The kids seemed to grasp that very well.
*********************************************
Yesterday something happened that has happened in a long time. Harold's cousin and her dad stopped in. They were out visiting people and we were on the route. If they had stopped 2 months ago, we wouldn't have been here. As we sat and visited, I tried to think back to how long ago it had been since we had been dropped in on by relatives on a week day. It was great!!
****************************************
My agenda for the day -
Blogging
Workout
Zone work - Living room
Lunch
Taxes
Prayer quilt
Dungeon - oops - workroom - I need to check my inventory for the Syrup Festival
*****************************************************
Thursday of the Third Week in Ordinary Time
Gospel
Mk 4:21-25

Jesus said to his disciples,
“Is a lamp brought in to be placed under a bushel basket
or under a bed,
and not to be placed on a lampstand?
For there is nothing hidden except to be made visible;
nothing is secret except to come to light.
Anyone who has ears to hear ought to hear.”
He also told them, “Take care what you hear.
The measure with which you measure will be measured out to you,
and still more will be given to you.
To the one who has, more will be given;
from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.

God bless our troops!

***********************************************************

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(I tried to leave this on your other blog but I don't have an ID so it doesn't let me. I hate that!)

I like the picture of Claire doing the jogging. My bff's son does that and figured out all you have to do is shake the remote. Pretty smart for a 2 1/2 yr old!

Anonymous said...

who stopped in?

Sugar Bush Primitives said...

It was Gip Turnwald and Ginny Klumpp.

I'll have to fix the other blog to allow anonymous.

Claire loves to do the soccer ball thing.