God Bless Our Troops

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I didn't get soap made last night because I got involved in Clairy-bear's quilt. It is going very nicely. I've decided that I'm not going to put a heart on each block, just on the four corners. There is a zigzag going on with the rail fence and putting hearts on each block will make it too busy.

I have a lot of cleaning to do this week. I am hosting a "Disciples in Mission" group and the laundry room - where people enter the house - is a total wreck.

I'm still trying to get the wireless connection working to the laptop. I can't seem to find anyone who knows how to fix it. If I was still at the school I could take it in, but now I'm dependent on strangers and I am leery of leaving my computer with them. (too much CSI watching).

I opened my facebook account to find this video posted by an amazing 12-year-old. This young lady presented the following to her 7th grade class.



Amazing!
*******************************************************************

Word of the day
Gospel
Tuesday of the Sixth Week in Ordinary Time
Mk 8:14-21

The disciples had forgotten to bring bread,
and they had only one loaf with them in the boat.
Jesus enjoined them, "Watch out,
guard against the leaven of the Pharisees
and the leaven of Herod."
They concluded among themselves that
it was because they had no bread.
When he became aware of this he said to them,
"Why do you conclude that it is because you have no bread?
Do you not yet understand or comprehend?
Are your hearts hardened?
Do you have eyes and not see, ears and not hear?
And do you not remember,
when I broke the five loaves for the five thousand,
how many wicker baskets full of fragments you picked up?"
They answered him, "Twelve."
"When I broke the seven loaves for the four thousand,
how many full baskets of fragments did you pick up?"
They answered him, "Seven."
He said to them, "Do you still not understand?"

Thoughts from the cornfield:
I am sometimes amazed at the cluelessness of the disciples and wonder if anyone could be more dense than they.
And then I look in the mirror.


God bless our troops!

**************************************************

No comments: