God Bless Our Troops

Friday, April 3, 2009

Thirty-three years ago today, Harold and I were married. It's hard to believe that so much time has gone by so fast. We're going out to dinner tonight and then we're going shopping at Penney's. Penney's is Harold's idea believe it or not. He needs a new suit and I am looking for something dressier for Sundays.

Today is kind of a lazy, rainy day. I know it's odd, but I like days like this occasionally. When the kids were growing up I used to bake cookies on days like today. I got sidetracked by my quilting/craft/knitting room. I do not like to work in chaos so I thought I would just straighten up around my sewing machine. I wish I had taken a before picture because the room really looks different now. I have a lot more work to do in there, but it is greatly improved.

The other day I redid my cutting/ironing surface (the red thing on top of the dresser). My next big project will be to organize my stash. I need to sort colors and types so I quit buying stuff I already have.



I would like to paint it and put up a border. I also want to paint the guest bedroom and get a new bedstead for in there.

Word of the day:
Friday of the Fifth Week of Lent
Gospel
Jn 10:31-42

The Jews picked up rocks to stone Jesus.
Jesus answered them, "I have shown you many good works from my Father.
For which of these are you trying to stone me?"
The Jews answered him,
"We are not stoning you for a good work but for blasphemy.
You, a man, are making yourself God."
Jesus answered them,
"Is it not written in your law, 'I said, You are gods"'?
If it calls them gods to whom the word of God came,
and Scripture cannot be set aside,
can you say that the one
whom the Father has consecrated and sent into the world
blasphemes because I said, 'I am the Son of God'?
If I do not perform my Father's works, do not believe me;
but if I perform them, even if you do not believe me,
believe the works, so that you may realize and understand
that the Father is in me and I am in the Father."
Then they tried again to arrest him;
but he escaped from their power.

He went back across the Jordan
to the place where John first baptized, and there he remained.
Many came to him and said,
"John performed no sign,
but everything John said about this man was true."
And many there began to believe in him.


God bless our troops!


***********************************************************

No comments: