Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016
God Bless Our Troops

Click on the cabin below to see our family website.

Click on the cabin below to see our family website.
We love what we do!

Thursday, May 14 - Happy Anniversary John and Bea!

Looks like today will be a gorgeous one. Apparently we had thunderdunders last night but I didn't hear them.

I started measuring the first of the hard oils for my soap batches. It's a messy job, it is. My olive oil came yesterday in a large heavy vinyl bag. When I went to transfer some of it into a smaller container, I turned the spigot on the bag the wrong way and ended up with a nice little puddle of olive oil on the floor. Not fun. I need to get a batch of soap made soon. I went to fill an order for our Raspberry Jasmine spice and found that it is gone. I have a couple of loaves I can cut up, but I was surprised. We must have sold a lot of it in Shepherd at the festival because I just made a batch of it not too long ago.

We are finalizing plans for the memorial CD. I have the choir lined up, the folders ready, and am working on the last set of permissions. I just hope it turns out really well because the cost of recording and permissions is going to take a huge chunk out of my budget.

The Tweetlebugs come today so I think I am going to plan a scavenger hunt outside. It's nice out and we can walk across to Aunt Colleen's garage sale and see what's going on over there.

*******************************************************************

Word of the day:
Saint Matthias, apostle - Feast
Today the Church celebrates : St Matthias, apostle
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint John 15:9-17.

As the Father loves me, so I also love you. Remain in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and your joy may be complete. This is my commandment: love one another as I love you. No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. I no longer call you slaves, because a slave does not know what his master is doing. I have called you friends, because I have told you everything I have heard from my Father. It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you. This I command you: love one another.

No comments: