God Bless Our Troops

Thursday, May 14 - Happy Anniversary John and Bea!

Looks like today will be a gorgeous one. Apparently we had thunderdunders last night but I didn't hear them.

I started measuring the first of the hard oils for my soap batches. It's a messy job, it is. My olive oil came yesterday in a large heavy vinyl bag. When I went to transfer some of it into a smaller container, I turned the spigot on the bag the wrong way and ended up with a nice little puddle of olive oil on the floor. Not fun. I need to get a batch of soap made soon. I went to fill an order for our Raspberry Jasmine spice and found that it is gone. I have a couple of loaves I can cut up, but I was surprised. We must have sold a lot of it in Shepherd at the festival because I just made a batch of it not too long ago.

We are finalizing plans for the memorial CD. I have the choir lined up, the folders ready, and am working on the last set of permissions. I just hope it turns out really well because the cost of recording and permissions is going to take a huge chunk out of my budget.

The Tweetlebugs come today so I think I am going to plan a scavenger hunt outside. It's nice out and we can walk across to Aunt Colleen's garage sale and see what's going on over there.

*******************************************************************

Word of the day:
Saint Matthias, apostle - Feast
Today the Church celebrates : St Matthias, apostle
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint John 15:9-17.

As the Father loves me, so I also love you. Remain in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and your joy may be complete. This is my commandment: love one another as I love you. No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. I no longer call you slaves, because a slave does not know what his master is doing. I have called you friends, because I have told you everything I have heard from my Father. It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you. This I command you: love one another.

No comments: