God Bless Our Troops

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I logged into Facebook this morning to the happy news that we have a new bishop! Bishop Joseph Cistone I'm glad we didn't have long to wait. We will miss Archbishop Carlson - he was/is a wonderful shepherd and I'm glad we had him here in Saginaw for as long as we did.

Kids are so cool! Every parent and grandparent has in his arsenal of "grown up talk" sayings that are passed down from generation to generation. We have 2 bathrooms in our house. One is the "birdhouse bathroom" and the other is the "fish" bathroom. The other day Clayton emerged from the "fish" bathroom which is Grandpa's bathroom decorated with all things fishing. The conversation went something like this.

"Hi Grandma"
"Hi Clayton, did you wash your hands?"
"I sure did Grandma. Now I smell like Apple Jack and Peel."

You gotta start them early. LOL!

The guys officially started the farm season yesterday. I say official because I am the lunch runner and yesterday was the first field lunch.

I finished up the first stocking order of the year. We seem to start earlier and earlier each year.



Clayton, Claire, and I decided to get a little jump start on our gardening. For the kids it means stirring up the dirt around Grandpa's little fisherman.



********************************************************
Word of the day:
Wednesday of the Sixth week of Easter
Today the Church celebrates : St. Bernardine of Siena
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint John 16:12-15.


I have much more to tell you, but you cannot bear it now. But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you to all truth. He will not speak on his own, but he will speak what he hears, and will declare to you the things that are coming. He will glorify me, because he will take from what is mine and declare it to you. Everything that the Father has is mine; for this reason I told you that he will take from what is mine and declare it to you.

****************************************************

No comments: