God Bless Our Troops

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Got a call this morning from my favorite little 4 year old. "Gramma, can we visit you today?" He and Claire will be spending the night tonight so Mommy can have a head start on garage sales tomorrow morning.

It is 80 degrees already this morning. Harold turned on the basement fan so the laundry room is at least bearable. That's where I will work today.

I got all of the cantor music ready for when I'm gone. I need to finish up the tapes today.

Yesterday I pulled out our luggage for Alaska to measure it and make sure it is within the size limits. It is. So I am claiming the bigger suitcase - sorry Harold.

I made a batch of Lemongrass candles yesterday. I am testing one today. Mmmmmmm. I hadn't thought about using the scent in candles, but a friend requested it so I had to try it. It's a very nice light fragrance. Not sweet like lemon meringue, more like an herbal kind of scent. Today it's my favorite.

Thursday of the Twelfth week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. William of Vercelli
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 7:21-29.


Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name? Did we not drive out demons in your name? Did we not do mighty deeds in your name?' Then I will declare to them solemnly, 'I never knew you. Depart from me, you evildoers.' Everyone who listens to these words of mine and acts on them will be like a wise man who built his house on rock. The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew and buffeted the house. But it did not collapse; it had been set solidly on rock. And everyone who listens to these words of mine but does not act on them will be like a fool who built his house on sand. The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew and buffeted the house. And it collapsed and was completely ruined." When Jesus finished these words, the crowds were astonished at his teaching, for he taught them as one having authority, and not as their scribes.

****************************************

No comments: