God Bless Our Troops

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Today is the day. We record our CD. I'm nervous because the technician is not very good about keeping in touch - he expects a check tonight, but hasn't given me a total. (update: The technichian did a fantastic job! Very professional and efficient!) We're over budget, and even though I have said I will put in the overage, I am being constantly reminded that this project better break even. I heard it the first 10 times - I get it - enough! What irks me is that I asked several times before going ahead with the project. This was supposed to be something good and it is turning into a headache with all of the nagging. However, choir has been absolutely wonderful - these people are so dedicated and they all loved John. That's what I need to focus on - this tribute to John. I know he is smiling down on our efforts.

Update:
Oh happy happy joy joy! Our recording tech guy just called. The quote he gave us was on the high side, so we may not go as much over budget as I had thought! Great news. Prayers answered! God is good. (but then he always is, isn't he?)

Wednesday of the Tenth week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Getulius & Comp., St Ithamar
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 5:17-19.


Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place. Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do so will be called least in the kingdom of heaven. But whoever obeys and teaches these commandments will be called greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

**********************************************

2 comments:

IdaR said...

I am praying that your recording session went perfect. How long before you get the CD's? Will you be selling them? I bet it more than breaks even.

Sugar Bush Primitives said...

Thanks so much, Ida. It went very well. Unbelievably, we may even come in under the original budget. We will be selling them, but now we won't have to charge as much.