God Bless Our Troops

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ah, God is good! I have mentioned on here a few times, that our choir is recording a CD in tribute to our fallen choir member, John Fetzner. When I set everything up, I made the huge mistake of making some assumptions about what would be included in our recording fee. In my naivete, I thought the fees quoted included everything we would need. I recently found out that the fees quoted included only the recording and not the physical product. The person doing the recording informed me that it would cost another 5 dollars per CD for the duplication and jewel case. $2500!! That would not include the insert and labeling which would be another fee. I decided that I would recruit Anna to help me with the labeling and the insert, but even that was another $500 or so. Did I mention that any monies over budget would have to be put in my me because our church is feeling economic pinch? Can you imagine how awful I felt? My savings would barely cover it. I couldn't back out - the choir has put too much time in this as it is. One man has driven 100 miles each way for three weeks. I would just have to suck it up and live with the consequences of not doing my research as well as I should have.

Then, I did what I should have done in the first place. I spent some time in prayer. I sent off an email to a friend whose band has recorded CDs. He sent me to a website where I found that we could do it all; duplication, cases, inserts, labels - the whole deal for $650 dollars including shipping. Thanks Jim! Thank you God!

Word of the day:
Wednesday of the Ninth week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Charles Lwanga
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Mark 12:18-27.


Some Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him and put this question to him, saying, "Teacher, Moses wrote for us, 'If someone's brother dies, leaving a wife but no child, his brother must take the wife and raise up descendants for his brother.' Now there were seven brothers. The first married a woman and died, leaving no descendants. So the second married her and died, leaving no descendants, and the third likewise. And the seven left no descendants. Last of all the woman also died. At the resurrection (when they arise) whose wife will she be? For all seven had been married to her." Jesus said to them, "Are you not misled because you do not know the scriptures or the power of God? When they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but they are like the angels in heaven. As for the dead being raised, have you not read in the Book of Moses, in the passage about the bush, how God told him, 'I am the God of Abraham, (the) God of Isaac, and (the) God of Jacob'? He is not God of the dead but of the living. You are greatly misled."


Thoughts from the cornfield:



Would that we all had such courage in admitting our mistakes. When I was in training at a local crisis pregnancy center, we saw a video narrated by this doctor in which we watched the baby on the ultrasound as an abortion was taking place. Upon viewing the video, we learned that the doctor, the nurse, and ultrasound technician refused to perform another abortion. Dr. Nathanson done much for the prolife cause since his conversion.

No comments: