God Bless Our Troops

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

First of all, Happy birthday to Monica Cleary. Monica's birthday is easy for me to remember because September 29 was my mother's birthday. She would have been 77 today. She's been gone since 1964. I still miss her.

I poured several batches of primitive soap and grubby tarts yesterday. I'm pouring primitive soap again today. I keep forgetting to add the fragrance oil. Not a huge deal since I can re-pour it, but annoying because I keep forgetting. The flies are plastered to the window screens which means the weather is cooling. Doesn't seem like we even had a summer. I can tell fall has arrived because that is when our orders pick up.

Word of the day:
Saint Michael, Saint Gabriel, and Saint Raphael, archangels - Feast
Today the Church celebrates : St. Raphael Archangel, St. Gabriel Archangel, St. Michael Archangel
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint John 1:47-51.


Jesus saw Nathanael coming toward him and said of him, "Here is a true Israelite. There is no duplicity in him." Nathanael said to him, "How do you know me?" Jesus answered and said to him, "Before Philip called you, I saw you under the fig tree." Nathanael answered him, "Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the King of Israel." Jesus answered and said to him, "Do you believe because I told you that I saw you under the fig tree? You will see greater things than this." And he said to him, "Amen, amen, I say to you, you will see the sky opened and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man."

No comments: