God Bless Our Troops

Monday, December 21, 2009

Okay, so I get up this morning and there is no sugar free coffee creamer. Arggghhhh.
I had to go with the non sugar free stuff. There go my carbs for the day. But . . . it is peppermint so that makes it all good.

Remember back on October 15th when I said it was time to start getting ready for Christmas? Will I never learn? The house is a total wreck. I have accomplished things, but not nearly what I wanted.

So why am I blogging instead of working? I am organizing my day. I spent last night wrapping presents so that's pretty much done. I printed shipping labels for all of the packages I need to send out. I got home from church at 6:00 pm and got to bed at 2:00. I need to bookmark this page so that I can read it next October 15.

So here is what needs to be done today:

Take "declarable" packages to the post office
Go to the bank
Then each and every room needs to be gone over. The bulk of the work is putting things where they belong which involves numerous trips up and down the stairs. Hmmmm, that's what we were doing at church yesterday. These old quads are getting a workout.

Today is also laundry day
It is also bill paying day. Thanks to my diligence with my budget, everything is covered. That is a very good feeling. I need to get another "military" flat rate box from Melisa. I bought a bit more than the box will hold.

So, I am off to start attacking this house. Updates will be posted.

**********************************************
Word of the day:
The Great O Antiphons: "O Oriens"
Today the Church celebrates : St. Peter Canisius, Priest and Doctor of the Church (1521-1597)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 1:39-45.

During those days Mary set out and traveled to the hill country in haste to a town of Judah, where she entered the house of Zechariah and greeted Elizabeth. When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the infant leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth, filled with the holy Spirit, cried out in a loud voice and said, "Most blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb. And how does this happen to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For at the moment the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the infant in my womb leaped for joy. Blessed are you who believed that what was spoken to you by the Lord would be fulfilled."

No comments: