God Bless Our Troops

Sunday, June 6, 2010

I knew it was too good to last. The tech guy for our ISP came and swapped out the tower on our grain leg. He replaced our antenna. I was in my glory. I could now watch videos online. I was reveling in the joys of learning a new hand quilting technique. Oh it was lovely. "Was" is the operative word. We are back to dialup. (Thank goodness I never did replace my phone.) This time the problem is unique to us; everyone else is up and running. Grrrrrrrr

********************Evening update ***************
Apparently our internet problem has to do with our dish on the tower. That will be fixed tomorrow. Okay - we'll see.

I went to JoAnn's with Anna this afternoon to find a tool that I saw on Quilter's TV. It's a finger protector called "Aunt Becky." When I asked about it at the fabric cutting table, Anna said she could hear the laughter from her vantage point of a few aisles over. No one knew what an Aunt Becky is. Well, I found her. I am not very skilled at hand quilting, but I love the way it looks.



This looks very promising. I started piecing a very expensive quilt last year. I really want to hand quilt it, but I don't want to spend years doing it. I also have carpal tunnel in my left hand (which is also my quilting hand) and this is supposed to eliminate a lot of movement.

Speaking of quilting, I left for church last night without the quilt. It wouldn't have mattered because there were card players in the room I planned to use. I layered the quilt last night and applied the binding this evening. I should be able to get it stitched down by tomorrow night.

Word of the day:
The Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ (Corpus Christi) - Solemnity
Today the Church celebrates : St. Norbert, Bishop (c.1080-1134)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 9:11-17.


Jesus spoke to the crowds about the kingdom of God, and he healed those who needed to be cured. As the day was drawing to a close, the Twelve approached him and said, "Dismiss the crowd so that they can go to the surrounding villages and farms and find lodging and provisions; for we are in a deserted place here." He said to them, "Give them some food yourselves." They replied, "Five loaves and two fish are all we have, unless we ourselves go and buy food for all these people." Now the men there numbered about five thousand. Then he said to his disciples, "Have them sit down in groups of (about) fifty." They did so and made them all sit down. Then taking the five loaves and the two fish, and looking up to heaven, he said the blessing over them, broke them, and gave them to the disciples to set before the crowd. They all ate and were satisfied. And when the leftover fragments were picked up, they filled twelve wicker baskets.

No comments: