God Bless Our Troops

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Things have settled down quite a bit after the major upheaval of transition. I never do well with transitions, and if there is someone in the mix who likes to incite drama, I do worse. I tend to react before taking complete stock of the situation. But, happy to say, things seem to be getting much better. There are some feathers to smooth, but I think it will happen.

After Mass, Anna and Melisa grilled our dinner outside. We had hamburgers, grilled pineapple, seasoned zucchini, and grilled potatoes. It was yummo!!

This evening we went out with Sam, Kelli, and Madison and had ice cream. Madison is so funny. She likes to show off how well she is walking and then she makes these scary sounds and makes us laugh.


Word of the day:
Sixteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 10:38-42.


As they continued their journey he entered a village where a woman whose name was Martha welcomed him. She had a sister named Mary (who) sat beside the Lord at his feet listening to him speak. Martha, burdened with much serving, came to him and said, "Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me by myself to do the serving? Tell her to help me." The Lord said to her in reply, "Martha, Martha, you are anxious and worried about many things. There is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part and it will not be taken from her."

No comments: