God Bless Our Troops

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Well, here we are in Archbold at Sauder Village. We got on the road about 9:30 this morning. I left after getting the kids on the bus. Clayton pulled a fast one on me and his mommy is not happy. As the bus approached, Clay said he was going to hide behind a nearby tree. When the bus pulled up, he took off running. I must have been quite a sight chasing him around the yard because as the bus pulled away, I heard, "that looked like fun." Sam had seen the whole thing from across the road. I am glad no one had a video camera handy.

We got down here about 11:30 and ate lunch at the Barn.


This is a picture of the inn where we are staying:
After lunch we toured the historic Sauder Village.  We saw so much interesting history. Here the women are filling jars with apple butter.  They don't put spices in their apple butter the way we do, but the operation looked identical.

We visited the church and spent a lot of time talking with the organist. The organ he is playing is a pump organ and if you watch his legs, you can see him pumping the peddles to power the organ.


He played a wonderful arrangement of Amazing Grace and I stupidly deleted the longer video. He offered to give me a copy and while he was upstairs copying it, I snuck in behind the keyboard.


All-in-all, it's been a great day!

No comments: