God Bless Our Troops

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Thank goodness this weekend is coming to a close.  A lot of not great things happened, but they sparked a heart-to-heart with the pastor that we really needed to have.  He let me see a little bit into the life of a parish priest and I'll tell you, you couldn't pay me enough to take that job.  I feel bad that we had to have a dust-up, but in a way it was a good thing because I saw of side of him that I hadn't seen and was troubled because I hadn't seen it.  God works in mysterious ways, but this weekend was a humbling and shaming experience that God thought I needed.  

Now I have to go down and finish making some simmer scents and some tarts to fill an order that needs to go out tomorrow.  So I am off to do that.

Word of the day:
Twenty-eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Francis Borgia, Priest (1510-1572)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 17:11-19.


As he continued his journey to Jerusalem, he traveled through Samaria and Galilee. As he was entering a village, ten lepers met (him). They stood at a distance from him and raised their voice, saying, "Jesus, Master! Have pity on us!" And when he saw them, he said, "Go show yourselves to the priests." As they were going they were cleansed. And one of them, realizing he had been healed, returned, glorifying God in a loud voice; and he fell at the feet of Jesus and thanked him. He was a Samaritan. Jesus said in reply, "Ten were cleansed, were they not? Where are the other nine? Has none but this foreigner returned to give thanks to God?" Then he said to him, "Stand up and go; your faith has saved you."

No comments: