God Bless Our Troops

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hmmm, I have had to pull all of my cinnamon stick candles again.  The HTP 105 isn't much better than the HTP104.  I scaled down the colorant and the candle still goes out.  I am going to wick one number higher and then I don't know.  Another fun thing that has been happening.  I have had at least one candle out of each batch develop sink holes while cooling.  I have no idea what is causing this.  I tried lowering the pouring temp and got sink holes in every jar.  It's easily fixed but very annoying.  I just got a new batch of container wax and we'll see if the problem continues.

I made a batch of Kris Kringle grungy jar candles.  I am going to try and get a pic of these up.  They are very cute.  I just love the scent.  I also made 5 stockings today, took an order for 8 more and so far am still on top of the orders.  We are hoping to hit 150 again this year. 

I am making detailed notes on all projects that I can get done during the summer so that our fall season isn't so frantic.  I say this every year.  I am sticking to it this coming summer.

No comments: