God Bless Our Troops

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hotcha!  I ordered some cannoli shells from Amazon yesterday.  I feel like I'm cheating, but I just don't have a day to spare making the shells myself.  They should be here in time for me to make cannoli for our family late Christmas party this Sunday.  I used to make the shells on the day after Thanksgiving.  Then we started doing family goodie making, but since we now have our little business, we have enough goodies on hand.  So now the girls go shopping on the day after Thanksgiving, and the grandkids and I start the Christmas decorating.

We have a new internet service.  After giving the old one almost a year to get their act together, we finally switched to a local guy.  We have gone from dialup speed to over 2 1/2 mgs on the download.  This morning it was almost 4 mgs.  Yeah!!!!!!

The other day I put together the baskets that we are donating for the St. Mary's Mardi Gras. 
Now I just need to remember to take them with me.  The Mardi Gras is earlier this year and we won't be around for it.

The last few days I have had the sad task of putting together the worship aides and choir sheets for Marian's funeral.  I don't think it has quite sunk in yet that she is really gone.  I am happy that many of the choir people will be available to sing at the funeral.  




 
Word of the day:
Wednesday of the Second week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Canutus, King of Denmark and Martyr (1040-1086)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Mark 3:1-6.


Jesus entered the synagogue. There was a man there who had a withered hand. They watched him closely to see if he would cure him on the sabbath so that they might accuse him. He said to the man with the withered hand, "Come up here before us." Then he said to them, "Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath rather than to do evil, to save life rather than to destroy it?" But they remained silent. Looking around at them with anger and grieved at their hardness of heart, he said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." He stretched it out and his hand was restored. The Pharisees went out and immediately took counsel with the Herodians against him to put him to death.

1 comment:

SouleSista said...

why won't you be around? is that the Vegas trip? call me if you want