God Bless Our Troops

Monday, March 28, 2011

Made soap again last night. I made Country Apple and I am puzzled that my green mica looks black and my black mica looks green. I also tried some more cupcakes and failed miserably. But the soap looks and smells nice.
The picture doesn't really do it justice because there is glitter on the top that looks really pretty.

This morning was a Madison/Meghan day.  Madison has her hat on because she is planning on going home.  LOL!  Eventually she did. Harold reminded me of a trick that Kelli used on Meghan the last time we were over there.  When she fusses, the sound of the hair dryer quiets her.  I have no idea why that works or how someone would have discovered it, but it quiets her right down. 


Because the girls were coming today, I went out running this morning and was home and showered before they got here at 8:00.  I love getting out early in the morning, but I have to prepare myself mentally the night before.


Word of the day:
Monday of the Third week of Lent
Saint(s) of the day : St Gontran, King (545-592)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 4:24-30.


Jesus said to the people in the synagogue at Nazareth: «Amen, I say to you, no prophet is accepted in his own native place.
Indeed, I tell you, there were many widows in Israel in the days of Elijah when the sky was closed for three and a half years and a severe famine spread over the entire land.
It was to none of these that Elijah was sent, but only to a widow in Zarephath in the land of Sidon.
Again, there were many lepers in Israel during the time of Elisha the prophet; yet not one of them was cleansed, but only Naaman the Syrian."
When the people in the synagogue heard this, they were all filled with fury.
They rose up, drove him out of the town, and led him to the brow of the hill on which their town had been built, to hurl him down headlong.
But he passed through the midst of them and went away.

No comments: