God Bless Our Troops

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Well, talk about senior moments, I had one this morning.  Lately it has been my job to ring the bells at the consecration.  The bells are rung three times.  Once when the Holy Spirit is invoked and then two sets of 3 during the Words of Institution when the host and the cup are elevated.  This morning I kind of zoned out when the host was elevated.  I was just staring at it and then Fr. shook it a bit.  That shocked me out of my reverie, but the faux pas did not go unnoticed by a few amused observers.  Ah yes, the joys of growing older.  The up side is that the older I get, the less I care about what other people think.  LOL!  The altar servers should be ringing the bells anyway - so apparently I do a better job at it than the young whipper snappers.

I have seen a video a couple of times on a technique that I am really excited to try. You'll want to scroll to the bottom of the blog and pause the player so you can hear the beautiful music that accompanies this video. I wish I knew what it is.
When I do this, I will do it in a log mold with only 2 colors for starters. But I need to measure oils and get the house in order first. So off I go.




I made a small test batch (2 jar candles) with the HIWTK dupe. I am learning to love that scent. I hope it's nice in a candle.




Fifth Sunday of Easter
Saint(s) of the day : St. Rita of Cascia, Widow (c. 1386-1456), St. Julia, Virgin Martyr (5th century)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint John 14:1-12.


Jesus said to his disciples: «Do not let your hearts be troubled. You have faith in God; have faith also in me.
In my Father's house there are many dwelling places. If there were not, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back again and take you to myself, so that where I am you also may be.
Where (I) am going you know the way."
Thomas said to him, "Master, we do not know where you are going; how can we know the way?"
Jesus said to him, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
If you know me, then you will also know my Father. From now on you do know him and have seen him."
Philip said to him, "Master, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us."
Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you for so long a time and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own. The Father who dwells in me is doing his works.
Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else, believe because of the works themselves.
Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever believes in me will do the works that I do, and will do greater ones than these, because I am going to the Father.

No comments: