God Bless Our Troops

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Tuesday's batch of Peppermint soap turned out fantastic. My whole work area smells wonderful! I garnished the top with pip berries and some red pods that I had.  There are chunks of peppermint soap embedded in the loaves.  I cant wait for this to cure!!




Ooooooh, our Christmas Stocking ad is out in Country Sampler!  You can see it here.



On a sad note, I found out last night that one of our elder parishioners passed away.  She lived alone, but we have some wonderful men in our parish who maintained her lawn and checked in on her.  I remember her face the night she was baptized at Easter vigil.  I don't think she ever stopped glowing.  She was one of our lectors and despite her small size, she had a vibrant, rich voice.  We will miss her!



Word of the day:
Our Lady of Sorrows - Memorial
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint John 19:25-27.

Standing by the cross of Jesus were his mother and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple there whom he loved, he said to his mother, "Woman, behold, your son."
Then he said to the disciple, "Behold, your mother."
And from that hour the disciple took her into his home.


No comments: