God Bless Our Troops

Thursday, December 15, 2011

First of all, Happy Happy Birthday to my beautiful first-born.  This is how she referred to herself when she was a little girl. Anna Bubbles Beep Beep Indian Baby Moeggenborg Milliron.  Or Bubbles for short.

I have finally gotten my soap making mojo back.
Yesterday I made a batch of Monkey Bars Soap.  I love the scent of this one - bananas, pineapple, with a touch of cocoa.  I swirled it with gold, colorona bordeaux, and cocoa powder.  I really like the way this batch turned out.  I have a batch of matching candles cooling.  One of the candles came up short on weight so it will be my tester. 



Last week I made a batch of Honey Blossom


And the week before that, a batch of Peppermint Patty:


I began the day with morning mass - always a good start to the morning.  Orders have slowed down so I've had a chance to finally get some cleaning done.  Right now I'm at the sort stage, but I feel like I'm accomplishing something.  I want to paint the spare bedroom this summer.  I have not made any Christmas cookies this year so tonight I am making a recipe that is Harold's new favorite.  Double chocolate with peanut butter inside.


Word of the day:
Thursday of the Third week of Advent
Saint(s) of the day : St. Virginia Centurione Bracelli (1587-1651)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 7:24-30.


When the messengers of John had left, Jesus began to speak to the crowds about John. "What did you go out to the desert to see--a reed swayed by the wind?
Then what did you go out to see? Someone dressed in fine garments? Those who dress luxuriously and live sumptuously are found in royal palaces.
Then what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet.
This is the one about whom scripture says: 'Behold, I am sending my messenger ahead of you, he will prepare your way before you.'
I tell you, among those born of women, no one is greater than John; yet the least in the kingdom of God is greater than he."
(All the people who listened, including the tax collectors, and who were baptized with the baptism of John, acknowledged the righteousness of God;
but the Pharisees and scholars of the law, who were not baptized by him, rejected the plan of God for themselves.)

1 comment:

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Happy Birthday to BUBBLES, as she called herself when she was a little girl.They do grow up way to FAST!!
I LOVE the soap you made, great post. I have no clue how to make homemade soap, yurs looks very cool.

Christmas Blessing to you and your family from my family,
Tricia xo