God Bless Our Troops

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Today the weather was in the high 70s.  I wonder, will we  have Spring or just catapult straight into summer.  The school year is winding down for the kids.  

I'm still working on the soap for the Girls on the Run soap bags.  I have about 150 to make yet, and most of them still need to be bagged.  After that the labels have to be attached.  I guess I know what I will be doing this weekend.  Maybe I can corral the kids to help as my mother's day gift.  





I finished another rug the other day.  This one looks like sand and water so I have nicknamed it Sand 'n Surf.  


I have been sneaking in some quilting time.  I ordered a foot and feeddog cover so I can do some free motion quilting.  But now the machine is jamming.  I'll take it in tomorrow.  It needs a cleaning anyway.  I was in the Singer store last week and they had a free motion long arm machine with a compact table.  $5000.  A lot of money, but about half of what the programmable machines go for.  I have to improve my piecing skills quite a bit to even dream about a machine like that.  In the mean time, I will do my quilt as you go squares that I am making for a quilt for my son-in-law. 




 I have a quilt that I'm hand quilting for my oldest daughter, but I can't find my hoop top!  grrrrr.  I have 2 grandkids that still do not have quilts.  So many addictions - so little time.




No comments: