Christmas 2015

Christmas 2015
God Bless Our Troops

Click on the cabin below to see our family website.

Click on the cabin below to see our family website.
We love what we do!

Thursday, December 31, 2015

This last day of 2015 I find myself feeling very unsettled.  I am looking forward to the new year, but at the same time I am leaving a ministry that I have had for 38 years.  Others are calling it retirement, but that's not what it is.  I retired last summer.  I stayed on as weekend organist, but now I am leaving a situation where I no longer feel I belong.  There are times I cry, but then I think, "Do I really want to go back there?  Is the pain of staying worse than the pain of leaving?"  Sadly, I have to answer yes.  This is not how I would have liked to leave, but sometimes we just don't get to choose.  I can't believe that God has given me a gift only to leave me no place to use it.  So I am waiting and trusting in God that he has a new and better plan for me.  One where I don't have to leave church thinking, "does what I do make a difference?"  So, I need to get through tomorrow - say goodbye to some people who have loved, supported, and encouraged me, to forgive the ones who made things difficult, to forgive myself for not living up to all that I could be -  and play my last mass at the parish that has been my home most of my adult life.  Then I will move on and try to figure out who I am without the ministry.

****************************************
It is now evening and as always, doing something creative gets me out of my funk.  I did some work on the snowman quilt aided by Meghan and Maddie who had tons of questions about why I did things the way I do on my quilting machine.  I can't wait until their next break.  By then the room will be more organized and I can have them come down along with Claire and we can do some quilting together.

I have been trying to perfect my foaming liquid soap.  I am still having separation issues so I am going to have to do some experimenting with the emulsifier.  I am getting proficient at doing labels.  We have always made our own - or rather, Anna did.  The company I buy my blanks from offers access to their template service with the purchase of labels.  Makes it quite a bit easier.  
   

No comments: