Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016
God Bless Our Troops

Click on the cabin below to see our family website.

Click on the cabin below to see our family website.
We love what we do!

Monday, January 11, 2016

Today was a fairly productive day.  I did all of the laundry.  Next goal, get it put away.  I measured soap oil batches and poured out the lye for tonight's soap batch.

While the soap oils were melting, I did some more straightening in the shop.  I am slowly working on getting the house organized.  It always gets worse before it gets better.  While I was in the shop I also mixed some more of a new fragrance blend I am working on.  Because I am a church musician, albeit retired, (not sure one ever retires from that - I already have a wedding scheduled for next summer) I have smelled my share of Sacred Chrism.  I am trying to make a blend that smells like that.  I thought I had it nailed but got a thumbs down from a priest.  However, I think it does smell like Chrism so I am leaving it as it is.  I am calling it Anointing.  It is a wonderful scent.  I decided to try it in a batch of soap tonight.  The oils I used for the blend are supposed to hold up well in cold process soap, but I don't know.  I'm not smelling a strong scent in the mold.  Hopefully, tomorrow will tell a better tale.


Earlier in the evening I went up to Mt. P. with Anna.  We haven't done that in a while and it would have been great if the roads had been better, and if I hadn't broken my toe Saturday night.  I've been limping around like Grandpa McCoy for the last few days.  I did tape it, and that helps but it still isn't fun going up and down the stairs.  Since that is where the shop is, it's been a challenge.  While we were up town, I dropped off two boxes to GoodWill.   I have made some progress.



No comments: