God Bless Our Troops

Monday, January 11, 2016

Today was a fairly productive day.  I did all of the laundry.  Next goal, get it put away.  I measured soap oil batches and poured out the lye for tonight's soap batch.

While the soap oils were melting, I did some more straightening in the shop.  I am slowly working on getting the house organized.  It always gets worse before it gets better.  While I was in the shop I also mixed some more of a new fragrance blend I am working on.  Because I am a church musician, albeit retired, (not sure one ever retires from that - I already have a wedding scheduled for next summer) I have smelled my share of Sacred Chrism.  I am trying to make a blend that smells like that.  I thought I had it nailed but got a thumbs down from a priest.  However, I think it does smell like Chrism so I am leaving it as it is.  I am calling it Anointing.  It is a wonderful scent.  I decided to try it in a batch of soap tonight.  The oils I used for the blend are supposed to hold up well in cold process soap, but I don't know.  I'm not smelling a strong scent in the mold.  Hopefully, tomorrow will tell a better tale.


Earlier in the evening I went up to Mt. P. with Anna.  We haven't done that in a while and it would have been great if the roads had been better, and if I hadn't broken my toe Saturday night.  I've been limping around like Grandpa McCoy for the last few days.  I did tape it, and that helps but it still isn't fun going up and down the stairs.  Since that is where the shop is, it's been a challenge.  While we were up town, I dropped off two boxes to GoodWill.   I have made some progress.



No comments: