God Bless Our Troops

Wednesday

On the lowcarb front:
Got on the treadmill at 9:30 this morning. Today was supposed to be a strength training day, but it was treadmill or nothing. I wanted to watch Biggest Loser. This morning's episode was from last season where the contestants went for a makeover with Tim Gunn. Very inspiring. And I burned 195 calories in the process.

While on the treadmill, I was also reading the late Dr. Atkins' book. I noticed something I hadn't seen before. He was citing some studies about the metabolic advantage of lowcarb. I had thought that turning the sticks purple meant you were good to go, but he said that 30 grams of carbs was the limit for ketosis/lipolysis. That probably can vary between individuals, but I think maybe the reason that I am not getting the appetite suppressing benefits is that my carbs are too high. So for this week, until Sunday, I am going to try and keep my carbs around 30 grams. As much as I hate to do it, I am going to have to give myself a free day on Sundays. That is family "go out for ice cream" day. Ya gotta live life. If I don't allow myself a free day - and I'm not saying it will be every week - then I will be much more prone to cheating. I need to work this in a way I can live with.

On the Flylady front:
This week we are in the living room. Last night I did two 15 minute intervals of cleaning. It basically consisted of picking up stray toys and putting my stuff away. The piano room is kind of an extension of the living room so I will be including that in my cleanup. I am slightly hampered by the toilet (new in the box) sitting smack dab in the dining room. I brilliantly dropped a room spray bottle into the toilet just as it was flushing. No, I did not do it on purpose, and no, it could not be retrieved. End result - new toilet for the front bathroom. Guess who gets to pay for it. Oh well, that's only fair. Ironically, the cabinet from which the offending bottle fell has to go bye bye because the new toilet is taller and the cabinet won't fit over it.

On the business front:
Started on the hundreds of Christmas stockings that we hope to sell this fall. I got 3 snowman stockings done. Humming Christmas carols while I work helps to get me in the mood - almost. I'm going to show Melisa how to sew them up and that will be a great timesaver for me and some good income for her if the stockings sell as well as I'm hoping.




I really need to get some oils measured and get some soap made. I am running low on several scents all of which happen to be my favorite. I am completely out of honey oats and milk. I also need to make a list of labels I need. Anna is in the process of moving so I won't be getting them any time soon, but at least I can get the list done and she can take her time making them. I am one who really likes to get as much as I can get done ahead of time.

My big project for the summer, aside from the Christmas stockings, is to get the basement (my workroom) into some kind of presentable shape. It's never going to be pretty - it's a basement - but the great thing about primitive, is that rustic is good. Our basement is nothing if not rustic.
Just organizing my supplies will be a big improvement. I just wish it didn't take on water after every heavy rain. I can't put down any kind of rug or carpet. In fact, I'm going to have to throw out the ones I have down there now because they got wet during the last water episode.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are going to be busy with stockings!!