Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016
God Bless Our Troops

Click on the cabin below to see our family website.

Click on the cabin below to see our family website.
We love what we do!

Sat. June 7 - Atkins Induction - Day 6

On the lowcarb front:
After logging off last night I was hit by the hungries. I had an Advantage bar so the puts me at 23 carbs for yesterday. Today we have the graduation party and I have packed my emergency stash in my handy-dandy insulated lunch box. In it are 2 string cheeses (which I hope not to have to use since I had cheesecake for breakfast), an Advantage bar, a cup of sugar free jello, and a bottle of diet root beer. This will serve 2 purposes. The first, I have something handy in case the buffet is not induction friendly. The second: This party is an hour and a half away. There is a habit in our family of stopping at places for a bite. Since this is Sunday, there is a good chance that we will all meet up at an ice cream place. I definitely want to be prepared. I am taking a portable craft with me (I have a bunch of stockings to sew up) so I will have my hands busy. I think I'm ready.

The scale is co-operating very nicely so I will have a good report for tomorrow's weekly weigh-in.

Now I have to clean out the car so I will update tonight when we get home.

8:06 pm
We are home from the party. The good new is that I stuck to my guns. On the way home, sure as shootin' we stopped for ice cream. I had a bag of pork rinds handy so I didn't feel too deprived. Now for the bad news - or you could call it good news. It all depends on how you look at it. Hold on to your hats. I HAVE NOT BEEN DOING ATKINS INDUCTION AS WRITTEN. Well, I thought I was, but I haven't had time to really read the book closely. Today I had the opportunity to really read the induction part on the drive over to Grand Rapids. I had been using info off of the Atkins site, but I think Dr. Atkins himself is a better source (God rest his soul). But I am going to keep on going and see what happens. The reason for doing Induction exactly as Dr. Atkins wrote it is because it serves 2 purposes. One is to get you into ketosis quickly, but the other - and this is very important - is to see how metabolically resistant you may be. This is crucial in determining what your critical carbohydrate level might be in the future. So you could say I skewed the test. Tomorrow is another day. I will make a cup of peppermint tea and put it behind me. I still had a good week, anyway.

Okay, I just went back and re-read my post. It is not Sunday - it is Saturday. And . . . there is a reason my gelatin cups say to keep them refrigerated.

No comments: