God Bless Our Troops

Sunday, June 1, 2008

On the lowcarb front:
I stayed the same this week. That would be a :) or a :( . It all depends on how you look at it. I'm going with the :) And that's all I have to say about that. LOL!

On the Kimkins front:
I'm adding a new segment to my blog. I had considered starting a separate blog for the Kimkins saga, but I am just too strapped for time at the moment.

Right now there is a discussion at Lowcarb Friends (at the Kimmer Fascination thread) about why Hiedi Diaz' snarky attitude while she was at Lowcarb Friends didn't turn people off. It seemed to draw people all the more. Good grief, she was practically worshipped as a goddess. My thinking is that we hold people to different standards based on their appearance. We make judgements on everything from intelligence to morality based on how a person looks. Snarky behavior from a person who has walked the walk - or in Heidi's case, seems to have walked the walk - and emerged victorious is seen as tough love. (Thank you, Deedlynn for verbalizing that.) If we had ever seen a real pic of Heidi while she was dispensing all the lowfat, lowcarb, low calorie garbage, we would have laughed her off the boards.

It's easy to look back and see that every single time Heidi turned on the snark, it was when someone challenged her advice or her pictures. It's a sad fact that even if Heidi had been giving good, solid, nutritional advice - if we had seen her real pictures, we would have probably discounted everything she said.

But the people who are angry now are not angry at Heidi because she is fat. We can all relate to that. We are angry because one of our own - as it were - betrayed the trust that all overweight people unofficially have. That we support each other, help each other, cheer each other on. We don't cheat each other. To have someone who knows what it's like to feel ostracized use that knowledge to hurt other people who are fighting the same battle, well, that is mighty huge karma. Betrayal is one of the hardest things to forgive.

Wildangel16, from the Fascination threads posted a comment on one of my earlier posts. I am going to paste it here so that those of you who do not know what a danger Kimkins is, can read about it for yourself. Thanks, Laura!

Kimkins on About.com
Kimkins on Insider Exclusive
Kimkins on ConsumerAffairs.com

I am also adding some links to other blogs:

Help Spread The Word: Say NO To Kimkins!
WildAngel6 Daily Links

On the home front:
My beautiful new toilet is still gracing the dining room. I have to be patient on this one because there is a good reason why it hasn't been put in yet. Anna had a major plumbing incident at her new house. It's one of those mixed blessing kind of things. On the one hand, it would be great if it hadn't happened at all. On the other had, the plumber who was called in just happened to be the plumber who has visited this house many times before. Diagnosis: Roots in the sewer line. Treatment: Have both sewers snaked and shell out $300. The bad news: The downstairs toilet and the basement had to be cleaned and disinfected. (Raw sewage ya know.) The good news: The plumber didn't charge time and a half for coming on a Saturday. (Bless you, Mr. Plumber). The bad news: It wasn't fun mopping and disinfecting. The good news: Thank God it happened when Harold and the guys were there and not next winter when it would have been a real mess.

Tonight I will be using my "treat". I have decided that I don't need to have a whole day. Just one treat. We will be going to Tony's - home of the huge gigantic banana split. We get one and the whole family digs in. I checked my food log and I can have a small serving size and be at about 70 carbs for the day. That's not too bad, and looking forward to that keeps me out of the sugar pot the rest of the week.

On the crafting front:
One of my least favorite soaping chores is measuring out the hard oils for a batch of soap. One of the ladies on my soaping list mentioned that she puts her large buckets of hard oils out in the sun and they melt making it much easier to measure them out. I will be trying that this summer.

No comments: