God Bless Our Troops

Sunday, June 29, 2008

On the lowcarb front:
All week I have had pretty good averages except for today. But still, I am down a pound from last Sunday, Sunday being the day that I post my official loss for the week. If I were to go down a pound every Sunday, that's 52 pounds in a year - for doing nothing more than eating cheesecake, omelettes, macadamia nuts, yogurt, chocolate (homemade), and the like.

I didn't get a workout in this morning because for some reason, I didn't wake up until 9:45. I rushed around a bit and prayed that the font water was warm. It was - yay!!!!! No frozen baptizees today.

We on the lowcarb friends board are working hard to convince Cleochatra that she needs to publish a book of her lowcarb recipes. I say we bombard her blog and nag her until she agrees. LOL! I'm only half kidding. It was reading Cleo's blog that got me back on track. Whether you go there to nag her about a cookbook or not, her blog is definitely worth reading. It's called "The Lighter Side of Lowcarb" and there is a link on my blogroll. Let's show her the love!!!

Word of the Day:
Matthew 16:13-19
Jesus went into the region of Caesarea Philippi. He asked his disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?” They replied, “Some say John the Baptist, others Elijah, still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Simon Peter said in reply, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Jesus said to him in reply, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father. And so I say to you, you are Peter,and upon this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the Kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”

Reflections from the Cornfield:
"Who do people say that I am?" Of course "people" got it wrong. In this passage, it would appear that Simon Peter has come of age. But his recognition of Jesus as the Christ comes to him not as a human being, but as a revelation from God. Jesus proclaims him as the rock on which He will build his church - not because of what Peter is, but because of what he will later become by the grace of God. In subsequent verses, Peter rebukes Jesus for His prediction of His passion, death, and resurrection. In his humanness, Peter fails to see the bigger picture. It's not hard to imagine that being made the rock on which Jesus will build his church might have gone to Peter's head just a wee bit; he was only human, after all. At that point he was a work in progress. Isn't it comforting to know that God wants us with all of our inperfections? Not because of the imperfections, but in spite of them. Because God sees in us what we and others fail to see in ourselves?


God bless the troops!

No comments: