God Bless Our Troops

Thur. June 5 - Day 4 Atkins Induction

On the lowcarb front:

Here I am at day 4. I went a bit over last night. I was at 27 carbs for the day. I also have to admit that I had an ounce of peanuts. I know that peanuts are not allowed on induction and I had a weak moment, but I left it at one ounce and moved on. This is actually a victory for me. I have this "all-or-nothing" mentality when it comes to some things.

I reported yesterday that I was up a little on the scale. At my age the weight loss is a fringe benefit. Yes, I want to lose a lot of weight, but this time I also want to enjoy the journey. I have fought this battle for so long and for much of that time I put my life on hold. Anyone who has been where I am knows how that goes. "When I lose weight, I'm going to do such and such" or "I can't do that until I lose the weight." You know what? It's that kind of stinkin' thinkin' that allowed me to get to where I am now. No more! My focus is on today and today only. There is a song that Flylady (see www.Flylady.net) plays on her radio show and one line in it says, "the past is behind me, tomorrow can't find me 'till I live today." I have spent a lot of time living in the past and dreaming about the future while today slid on by. I think having grandkids has finally taught me that valuable lesson. Yes, plan for the future, remember the past, but don't try to live there. It doesn't work. When the grandkids are here, or when the family is together, I now savor those moments. Living today means that the yesterdays are remembered more fondly because it is here, today, that those memories are made.

Enough of my philosophical ramblings for now. I have a few challenges today that I need to get through so I am making myself accountable here.

The water weight (yes, that's what it was) is going. And going. And going. I actually got up in the night. I have also been drinking my water - another thing that I tend to not be very good about. I am down to one large mug (20 ounces) of coffee in the morning instead of one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Eventually I want to make it one regular sized mug of decaf in the morning. We'll see how that goes.

Todays menu:

Breakfast:
Mocha latte
Lowcarb cheesecake (my cheese allotment for the day)



Lunch:
Spinach and romain lettuce salad with ranch dressing and bacon bits.
Chicken salad on revoloopsie rolls

Snack:
Atkins Advantage bar

Dinner:
Not sure yet, probably an omelette

On the home front:
Below is what greeted me as I made my nocturnal trip to the loo. Yeeessssssssssssssssssss!!! The new toilet has now been installed! Yeaaaaaaaaa. I need to fix the wall behind it since the wall paper had been cut to fit the old one, but all in all, I am a happy camper!!! (Thank you, Kelli, for helping the guys. You went above and beyond the call of duty for a good daughter-in-law)


3:29 pm

I met this morning's challenge and emerged victorious. I am not going into the details here about why this morning's funeral was such giving me problems. Let's just say that I am having quite a time adjusting to age issues. It seems like I was in my 30's and 40's forever, not young, but not old either. Now I am at the threshold of being an old lady - well, an older lady and life seems to have tipped itself upside down. Not that life isn't good - it is, in fact, great, but I am slow to adjust to change and the changes happened a little faster than I realized. For instance, my baby turns 26 on Sunday. How did that happen? When did that happen? Yesterday we were hunting asparagus while waiting for the school bus and today he's married and running his own business. There should be a law about stuff sneaking up on you like that. And it isn't as if I wasn't paying attention. I was. People older and wiser than me warned me that life goes by quickly. But knowing that doesn't make anything go any slower. So I guess it goes back to my earlier observation - enjoy the present because if you dwell in the past or try to hurry the future, you miss out on today - which is really all we have in terms of time. No, it doesn't slow anything down, but it makes for much fonder remembrances.

Now on a lighter note - my pastor sent me this video. If you are a classical musician and you haven't seen this, it is hilarious. The language gets a little strong at the end so you might want to click off early if that kind of thing offends you.




Oh, and as long as I'm posting videos:
On the Kimkins front:
For those of you still being scammed by Heidi Diaz? This is Heidi - who on Jimmy Moore's podcast told him she weighed, oh, around 118 pounds. I am no fan of making fun of the overweight so that is not my purpose in posting this. This woman is defrauding people and encouraging them to put their health at risk. She really needs to be stopped. There is civil litigation going on right now in California.

No comments: