God Bless Our Troops

Tues. June 10 - Atkins Induction - Day 1

On the lowcarb front:
I've decided not to wait until next week to get back on induction. I felt just too darn good while I was on it. I have re-read the rules and I am just going to dive back in. I was thinking about what I wrote. How next week would be easier because I would have less distraction etc. I was making excuses. If I weren't holding myself accountable here, I'm not sure I would even admit it to myself.

Dealing with distractions is exactly the point of making the Atkins WOE a way of life. It's being able to focus on this battle yet still being able to function in the world. I think that it the primary obstacle to ANY weight loss plan.

Whether or not you are a Christian, there are some wise words in the Good Book. Jesus talked about being "in the world, but not of the world." That's pretty much how one who chooses the Atkins way of life needs to operate.

In a sense, when it comes to how we eat, we need to put blinders on. Someone on the lowcarb board (please forgive me, but I can't remember who it was) said, "for me sugar doesn't exist." It's not a matter of giving up sugar, or white flour, or anything else. It's taking the attitude that for me they just don't exist. You can't miss or feel deprived of something that doesn't exist, can you?

Jimmy Moore has a YouTube video in which he talks about sugar being rat poison. (see video below) He's right of course, but I can't think about it being poison otherwise I would be jumping all over other people for eating it. (Kind of like the ex-smoker who feels called to evangelize the smoker.) I think that people need to make the decision for themselves.

I used to smoke. I smoked for 30 years. There wasn't a thing anyone could say that could make me quit. Guilt didn't work, health threats didn't work. Quitting smoking, or giving up sugar, or accepting Jesus, or any major lifestyle change entail much more than quitting smoking, or not eating sugar, or going to church. These are major life-changing decisions and once having made them your life changes. I don't know about you, but major life change scares me. These changes that we choose to make are not really about what we do, but rather, about what we become.

Well, that's my sermon for the day. As they say in OA take what you need and leave the rest. :)

Today's menu:

Breakfast:
Mocha latte double
Raspberry Cheesecake

Lunch:
Chicken salad on revoloopsie rolls
Romaine and spinach salad with dressing
SF Jello cup

Snack:
Atkins Advantage bar

Dinner:
Omelette with salsa, cheese, sour cream, and olives

Challenge of the day. Tonight there is a going away party at a bar in town. It is for one of our staff members. I don't drink and I don't plan to eat. My purpose for going is to wish the staff member well. (In the world, not of the world.)



God Bless Our Troops!

Later . . .

No comments: