God Bless Our Troops

Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July all! Sorry about there being no blog entry yesterday. We are still in the process of switching our ISP. I think we have it solved now.

On the lowcarb front:
I am having some serious struggles with staying on plan. I'm not sure exactly what the problem is. There isn't really anything off plan that I really want to eat, but for some reason I am struggling. I don't know if this is a cyclical issue or not. There are times that you just have to keep on keepin' on, and dismantle the critical mind which is trying to sabatog the plan.

On the home front:
No big plans today. Just kickin' back - no routines. I've been puttering. We have a wedding to go to on Saturday and DH asked for a special basket for the couple. So I've been finishing up some personalized Christmas stockings for Dan and Tina, made a farm grubby, and added some odds and ends of special items. I love putting together our primitive gift baskets and the recipients are always thrilled with the unique gifts.




Word of the day:
Matthew 9:9-13
As Jesus was walking along, he saw a man called Matthew sitting at the tax booth; and he said to him, "Follow me." And he got up and followed him. And as he sat at dinner in the house, many tax collectors and sinners came and were sitting with him and his disciples. When the Pharisees saw this, they said to his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" But when he heard this, he said, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. Go and learn what this means, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have come to call not the righteous but sinners."


Reflections from the cornfield:
One has to wonder exactly who the "sick" are in this passage. The tax collectors and the sinners recognize their need for Jesus, while the Pharisees do not. It seems to me that all of the judgementalism is coming from people whose eyes are blinded by logs, if you get my drift. If ever there were people in need of being told to "get a life" it would be the Pharisees. I find it interesting that the "righteous" Pharisees address the disciples rather than going straight to the source. But, let's be sure, before we criticize that Pharisees, that our own behavior is in order. I would think that little task would keep us fairly busy - too busy to be judging other people.

God bless America!
God bless the troops!

No comments: