God Bless Our Troops
On the lowcarb front:
I have fallen behind in my blogging. We are getting ready to leave for vacation, and I have been frantically trying to get some stockings made ahead so my elves have something to work on while I'm gone. As far as lowcarbing goes, my Glycemic Load plan is looking more like Atkins Ongoing Weight Loss, but that's okay - it gives me a bit of a safety net - especially since meal planning will be a bit out of my control for the next week or so. My plan is to do the best I can since this has to be a way of life and not a temporary fix.

Once we are back from vacation, I intend to kick this lowcarb thing into full throttle. The new Biggest Loser season starts in September and I am hoping to have company on the journey during that season.

On the home/business front:
As I mentioned above, I am trying to get some stockings done for the upcoming ad that we have coming out. I changed the home page on our website and I'm sure people will think we have absolutely lost it, but it would be nice if our stocking season were spread out a bit more. I felt bad at having to turn people away last year. I am so used to thinking a season ahead what with music planning for the church and craft shows, that I forget that most people are living in the current season - and 90 degree weather just doesn't scream "order your Christmas Stockings."

Once vacation is behind us, the summer will rush full speed ahead into fall. I can't wait to try out our new tent for our first craft show of the fall season. With retirement from the school ahead of me, I will have more time to concentrate on the craft show stock etc.

Word of the day:
Feast day of St. Declan

St. Declan First bishop of Ardmore in Ireland July 24 Was baptized by St. Colman, and preached the faith in that country a little before the arrival of St. Patrick, who confirmed the episcopal see of Ardmore, in a synod at Cashel in 448. Many miracles are ascribed to St. Declan, and he has ever been much honored in the viscounty of Dessee, anciently Nandesi.
Matthew 13:10-12
Jesus said to his disciples: To those who have, more will be given, and they will have an abundance; but from those who have nothing, even what they have will be taken away.

Thoughts from the cornfield:
Let those who have ears, hear.

God bless the troops!

No comments: