God Bless Our Troops

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

On the lowcarb front:
No workout today. I am such a slacker.
I'm also up a pound from last Wednesday. I've gotten rather sloppy. I need to tighten up the ship here.

On the home front:
I'm late getting the blog up today because we are waiting for our phone/modem to arrive and I didn't have one to connect with this morning. I made some candles yesterday with the new apple pie fragrance oil. One of the duties each time I make candles and change the fragrance or the jars, is that I have to test. I tried making a pint sized candle and switched up some wicks with the smaller jars. I need to change the size of the wick, but the scent throw is amazing. I'm always a season ahead with this stuff so my house smells like fall right now.

Word of the Day:
Matthew 8:28-34
When Jesus came to the other side, to the country of the Gadarenes, two demoniacs coming out of the tombs met him. They were so fierce that no one could pass that way. Suddenly they shouted, 'What have you to do with us, Son of God? Have you come here to torment us before the time?' Now a large herd of swine was feeding at some distance from them. The demons begged him, 'If you cast us out, send us into the herd of swine.' And he said to them, 'Go!' So they came out and entered the swine; and suddenly, the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake and perished in the water. The swineherds ran off, and on going into the town, they told the whole story about what had happened to the demoniacs. Then the whole town came out to meet Jesus; and when they saw him, they begged him to leave their neighbourhood.


Reflections from the cornfield:
I'm not sure what I think about this passage. I am assuming that it takes place in Gentile territory because of the presence of the pigs. What is interesting, though, is that while the disciples are still trying to figure out who Jesus is, the demons know exactly who he is and that there is a time in which Jesus will deal with them. After the demons enter the pigs and the pigs rushed down the bank and into the sea, the swineherds run of to town and spread the news on the way. The town comes out to meet, but apparently not greet, Jesus. Instead of thanking him, they beg him to leave. What a welcome. If only the people had seen in Jesus what the demons saw, perhaps they would have begged him to stay, but out of fear they reject him. We know who Jesus is. What's our excuse?

God bless the troops!

No comments: