God Bless Our Troops

Sunday, August 17, 2008

On the home/business front:
Finally I feel halfway human - the cold is finally taking its leave. I spent most of last night working on my basement/dundgeon workroom. I sorted my potpourri ingredients and some of our products by scent. I used carts with drawers now - much easier to deal with than the stacked bins. I am beginning to see some progress, but there is lots to do yet.
I melted down some defective tarts and made a really cute flameless tealight.
I had to order more supplies - always more supplies so the tally sheet is tipping ever more steeply in the red zone. Please, let those stocking sales right the balance.

On the journey:
As I mentioned yesterday, today I start a new phase in my quest for health. Sorry to be so mysterious, but I just don't want to share the details yets. Soon, my dears, soon.


Word of the day:
Matthew 15:21-28
Jesus went away to the district of Tyre and Sidon. Just then a Canaanite woman from that region came out and started shouting, "Have mercy on me, Lord, Son of David; my daughter is tormented by a demon." But he did not answer her at all. And his disciples came and urged him, saying, "Send her away, for she keeps shouting after us." He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." But she came and knelt before him, saying, "Lord, help me." He answered, "It is not fair to take the children's food and throw it to the dogs." She said, "Yes, Lord, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table." Then Jesus answered her, "Woman, great is your faith! Let it be done for you as you wish." And her daughter was healed instantly.

Reflections from the cornfield:

Oh, Happy Fault
Matthew 15:21-28

To you, O Lord,
perfect and without sin
I offer up my sinfulness

In the light of your truth
I see my iniquities
and by this I am blessed.

For in my righteousness and self-glory
you hear me not

But in my cry for help
you draw near.

O blessed infirmity
made holy by your love.

O blessed wounds
which draw your healing touch.

O blessed emptiness
which only you can fill.

O blessed thirst
quenched by your living water.

You welcome me at table
where bread and wine
become a feast
made holy by your love.

Blessed are those who know their hunger
for on their knees
they seek but table scraps
and receive instead
a royal banquet.

(from The Tarantella Dancers - copyright 2000 - Mary A. Moeggenborg)


God bless the troops!

No comments: