God Bless Our Troops

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I'm late getting to the blog this morning. I made the mistake of going downstairs to get something and I got sidetracked with candles and stuff. I have so many ideas for the upcoming craft shows and so little time to get them implemented.

Clay just called. He and Claire are staying over tonight so I want to get my work done so that I have nothing to do but play with them. They like to gather a load of books and trap Grandma in a chair. Grandma, of course, is a willing prisoner. Harold and I continue to be amazed at how much fun grandparenting is. Harold must be suffering some serious Grandpa withdrawal because he has been in Canada for the last week. He gets home tomorrow so tonight I have the kids to myself.

Claire is learning new words every day and it's fun to listen to her. Clayton is learning to sound out words because he knows what the letters sound like. It won't be long before it all clicks and he is reading. I love being a Grandma!!!











Word of the day:

Matthew 19:23-26

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Truly I tell you, it will be hard for a rich person to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astounded and said, "Then who can be saved?" But Jesus looked at them and said, "For mortals it is impossible, but for God all things are possible."

Thoughts from the cornfield:
This is a continuation of yesterday's thought. Rich people are not more sinful than those who are not rich, but rich people tend to have more things. Things need maintenance. Things need attention. Things distract from God. And rich is a relative term. Middle class people appear to be rich to lower class people. (And know that I am speaking economically, not morally or anything else.) I included that disclaimer because there are people who place value on human life according to what they have or what they contribute to society. This is where the pro-life people vehemently disagree with pro-choice people. Ask someone when life begins and you will know where he or she stands on the issue of abortion. But I digress. I tend to get on my soap box about snobbery. You may have noticed that. Anyway, the more we have, the more we tend to get distracted. We need to remember that it all comes from God and we are merely stewards.

God bless the troops!

No comments: