God Bless Our Troops

Sunday, August 24, 2008

On the lowcarb front:
Daily stats (will be updated later)
My stats for today:
Type:
Route:
Time:
Average heart rate:
Maximum heart rate:
Calories burned:
I’m up .5 pounds from last Sunday

The good news is that I am down .4 since setting my Covey goal. There are 3 daily steps for this goal, and only 3.

I log my food (all of it, bad or good)
I drink 8 glasses of water
I get in some kind of exercise (today's will probably be a walk this afternoon)

During this goal I am not following any particular food plan. For me, it isn't what I eat, it's why and how much. Eventually I will transition back to Atkins maintenance because I feel best on that. But for right now, I am getting to the root cause of my issues. My current goal is tied in with becoming a proactive person. COEs let themselves become controlled by environment, people, food, negative thoughts etc. I am leaning more an more that what goes on in my head has a profound effect on what is going on in my life. I know that sounds like a "duh", particularly if you are a proactive person, but reactives don't think like other people. In fact, often, thinking is not involved. We are driven by our emotions. We know intellectually that what we do doesn't make sense, but we let ourselves be crippled by forces other than our own instincts. So often we get in our own way. If we watched someone else acting the way we do, we would want to shake him, but we don't see it in ourselves. Hmmmm that old log/splinter thing, hmmmm?

On the home/business front:
I am finally starting to see some progress in my workroom. It's still a mess, but I am getting there. Part of the problem was I didn't really know how I wanted to set it up. Now I have a picture in my head to work toward. Funny how that makes a difference.

Word of the day:

Matthew 16:21-27
From that time on, Jesus began to show his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and undergo great suffering at the hands of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and on the third day be raised. And Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him, saying, "God forbid it, Lord! This must never happen to you." But he turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; for you are setting your mind not on divine things but on human things." Then Jesus told his disciples, "If any want to become my followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. For those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will find it. For what will it profit them if they gain the whole world but forfeit their life? Or what will they give in return for their life? For the Son of Man is to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay everyone for what has been done."

Thoughts from the cornfield:
Now, earlier in this same story we heard about how Peter was inspired by God to declare to Jesus, "you are the Messiah, the son of the living God." If ever there was a reactive person, it would be Peter. We have to remember that here on this earth, there are opposing forces battling for our allegiance. Of course, God has won that battle, but since we operate in a time continuum and God does not, we are still here fighting the battle. Satan is a foe defeated, but he is not dead and he will take as many as he on his descent as he can. Thankfully, we have an ally in the battle - our only weapon against the foe.


God bless the troops!

No comments: