God Bless Our Troops

Friday, September 26, 2008 - Week 1 - day 2

I woke up to a very foggy morning. There is a school delay so I won't be playing for Mass this morning. I am hoping that Shepherd cancels. I could use a day to get caught up on housework.

I am in day 2 now of the Wendy Chant's carb depletion cycle
. Yesterday went pretty well. In cycle one we are to have 4 or 5 meals throughout the day. Each must have a protein and our last meal should be no later than 2 hours before bed. I had some pork rinds last night and I'm not sure if those are allowed. My rough time is that time after work. Little Mary Ann decided to show up and have a conversation. If you are a regular reader of my blog, you know that Mary Ann is my inner brat. Anyway, this is how the conversation went.

Mary Ann: Hey, we never start anything on a Thursday. Official weigh-ins are on Sunday.

Me: I'm not listening.

Mary Ann: There's a whole box of peanut M&Ms in the craft room. Let's just finish those off and we won't have to deal with the temptation.

Me: Ummmmm, until you brought it up, I forgot those were there.

Mary Ann: You don't want them to go to waste. Let's just finish them off over the next couple of days and start fresh on Sunday.

Me: I can save them for Halloween.

Mary Ann: Wahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! - she is, after all, just a little girl.

Me: Fingers in my ears - mentally of course - I am driving. Dear God, please help me to get past this temptation.

I promise Mary Ann that if we do this right, no food will be forbidden.

Okay, so that was the conversation going home from work last night.

I ate dinner and then got to work on Christmas stockings. That kept me safely out of the kitchen last night.
*************************************************




Word of the day:

Gospel
Friday of the Twenty-fifth Week in Ordinary Time
Gospel
Lk 9:18-22
Once when Jesus was praying in solitude, and the disciples were with him, he asked them, “Who do the crowds say that I am?” They said in reply, “John the Baptist; others, Elijah; still others, ‘One of the ancient prophets has arisen.’” Then he said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Peter said in reply, “The Christ of God.” He rebuked them and directed them not to tell this to anyone. He said, “The Son of Man must suffer greatly and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests, and the scribes, and be killed and on the third day be raised.”

Thoughts from the cornfield:
Who do we say that Jesus is? Here, only Peter gets it right, but we know from another passage that Peter is not speaking on his own; God is speaking through him. Do we allow God to speak through us so that the world may know who Jesus is?



God bless the troops!

No comments: