God Bless Our Troops

Sunday, September 28, 2008 - Week 1 - Day 4

Still hangin' in there on the carb depletion cycle. Today was the day that I was supposed to have reached my Covey goal. Didn't get there, but I did learn a few things about not taking my eye off the ball. Even though I didn't reach my goal, I worked out on every scheduled day but one. That is progress. Gotta head out for that walk.

Type: Outside
Route: Deadend and back
Time: 25 minutes
Average heart rate: 117
Maximum heart rate: 134

Down 3.2 from last Sunday

Last night was girls' night out. We ended up going to Franceso's Bistro. I ordered a Caesar Salad which was basically a huge plate of romaine lettuce with 2 strips of bacon and a sprinkling of parmesan. I am very glad that I ordered dressing on the side because the balsamic that came with it tasted very sweet. I am going back there when I am not in a carb depletion cycle. Harold and I have been to this restaurant before and their - Anna, what was that chicken I had? - anyway, it was yummo!!!! I was also informed that Atkins is very bad for your health.
Ummmm okay - heard that one before. (Funny how you order a salad and people assume you're doing Atkins. (I thought Atkins was plates of bacon, butter, and cheese.) And my alternate diet of M&Ms, diet coke, and pizza is health food heaven. I did not take the bait, did not argue. I think I may be growing up at this late stage of life.


Word of the day:
Twenty-sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time
Gospel
Mt 21:28-32
Jesus said to the chief priests and elders of the people:
"What is your opinion?
A man had two sons.
He came to the first and said,
'Son, go out and work in the vineyard today.'
He said in reply, 'I will not, '
but afterwards changed his mind and went.
The man came to the other son and gave the same order.
He said in reply, 'Yes, sir, ‘but did not go.
Which of the two did his father's will?"
They answered, "The first."
Jesus said to them, "Amen, I say to you,
tax collectors and prostitutes
are entering the kingdom of God before you.
When John came to you in the way of righteousness,
you did not believe him;
but tax collectors and prostitutes did.
Yet even when you saw that,
you did not later change your minds and believe him."

Thoughts from the cornfield:
Second son=scribes and pharisees, chief priests and elders . . . and us
First son=tax collectors, prostitutes . . . and us . . . . thanks to Jesus.



God bless the troops!

No comments: