God Bless Our Troops

Tuesday, September23, 2008

The sun greeted me through a haze of fog this morning. My wicks came yesterday so last night I poured more of the grungy Harvest Home candles. I wicked up a size on the pint jars and that made a big difference in the hot throw. I am burning a test right now and the house smells wonderful. Today is a long day. I have a liturgy meeting tonight followed by RCIA. Marian and I will be leading that tonight since it is our night to talk about our faith journeys. That means a longer night. Soooooo, I have the VCR set so I don't miss a minute of Biggest Loser! I miss having Anna recording them on DVD. She moved and doesn't have cable anymore. I am hoping that it will also be available on fancast.
I'm headed out the door.

My stats for today:
Type: Walk/jog
Route: Deadend/back
Time: 30 minutes
Average heart rate: 117
Maximum heart rate:
140
Down .2 from last Tuesday
Activity points earned: 2

Gospel
:
Memorial of Saint Pio of Pietrelcina, priest
Lk 8:19-21

The mother of Jesus and his brothers came to him
but were unable to join him because of the crowd.
He was told, “Your mother and your brothers are standing outside
and they wish to see you.”
He said to them in reply, “My mother and my brothers
are those who hear the word of God and act on it.”

Thoughts from the cornfield:
This passage is all about priorities. Family is important. But there is something more important - something that goes beyond human relationships, that transcends this world. This is what Jesus was talking about - making God the first priority in our lives. The first commandment says it all: "I am the Lord, thy God. Thou shalt not have strange gods before Me." And Jesus said, quoting the Shema from Deuteronomy "And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might" And he went on the say that the second commandment is like it, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." But first love God. Hear his word and act on it. The rest will follow.



God bless the troops!

No comments: