God Bless Our Troops

Saturday, October 11, 2008

I can't believe how fast this year is going by. Shepherd had its homecoming last night. I am ready to write my retirement letter to the superintendent, but I can't do that until my papers come back telling me it's official.

Today is a baseline carb day, but but I veered off schedule somehow. I am going to do a carb down day today, just to be safe, and do my carb up tomorrow and then continue the rotation from there.

Daily stats:
Type: Walk/jog
Route: Deadend/back

Time: 30
Average heart rate: 119
Maximum heart rate:: 141
Up 2 from last Saturday

Word of the day:
Saturday of the Twenty-seventh Week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Firminus
Gospel
Lk 11:27-28

While Jesus was speaking,
a woman from the crowd called out and said to him,
“Blessed is the womb that carried you
and the breasts at which you nursed.”
He replied, “Rather, blessed are those
who hear the word of God and observe it.”

Thoughts from the cornfield:
Mary was indeed blessed to be chosen carry our Lord and Savior in her body. But we, too, are blessed because we are chosen to carry Jesus in our hearts.


God bless the troops!

No comments: