God Bless Our Troops

Friday, October 17, 2008

I got up late again this morning so I fell behind on my morning routine. My program is going very well, although I didn't get a workout in yesterday. The motor burned out on my dryer so I needed to clear the mess from around it so the poor dryer fixer man would not be buried alive in piles of music, balls of yarn, and myriad mounds of other stuff. Then I had to make a batch of Hunter's Green soap because I am selling out of it now that hunting season is here. Oh, this batch turned out gorgeous. I poured it at just the right time and the green swirl is amazing. The house smells like freshly turned soil. I love making soap. Then, after that I needed to pour a flameless tealight shell. That one was cranberry. The 2 smells together were awesome.

Tonight I will be making stockings. I have about 10 waiting in my craft room. I am going through the Criminal Minds series from Netflix so I have a pleasant evening ahead of me.

The rotation seems to be working very well for me. It is the best of several worlds. I like Atkins, but can't stay with it for long periods of time. With this program, even if I am derailed, I have my daily plans in place so there is no excuse for staying off track. Knowing that I can have whatever I want 2 times a week (limited, of course) makes it very easy to stay focused the rest of the time. When Mary Ann rears her needy little head, I can appease her with the knowledge that the answer is not "no." It's "later."

Last night I stopped by to see Clay and Claire. I go into withdrawal if I don't see them every couple of days. Just since Sunday, Claire has gone from calling me Amma, to Gramma. When I come in the door they both run to me, and Claire will say "book." I know better than to stop if I don't have time to read each of them their book. Ah, fun times.

Daily stats:
Scheduled rest day

Down 2.8
from last Friday (whoo hoo!)

Word of the day:

Memorial of Saint Ignatius of Antioch, bishop and martyr
Gospel
Lk 12:1-7
At that time: So many people were crowding together that they were trampling one another underfoot. Jesus began to speak, first to his disciples, “Beware of the leaven–that is, the hypocrisy–of the Pharisees. “There is nothing concealed that will not be revealed, nor secret that will not be known. Therefore whatever you have said in the darkness will be heard in the light, and what you have whispered behind closed doors will be proclaimed on the housetops. I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body but after that can do no more. I shall show you whom to fear. Be afraid of the one who after killing has the power to cast into Gehenna; yes, I tell you, be afraid of that one. Are not five sparrows sold for two small coins? Yet not one of them has escaped the notice of God. Even the hairs of your head have all been counted. Do not be afraid. You are worth more than many sparrows.”

Thoughts from the cornfield:
The comparison of the hypocrisy of the Pharisees and leaven is an interesting one. What does yeast do to a loaf of bread dough? It spreads throughout the dough changing its texture and form. Evil can do that. It can permeate society and change it. But God can see through it all. He, and he alone, can separate dough from leaven, goat from sheep, wheat from tare, good from evil. A God who can count the hairs on our head is more powerful than anyone or anything. And he loves us. Always he love us!





God bless our troops!

2 comments:

kathyj333 said...

Hey. You're getting close to your goal.

Sugar Bush Primitives said...

Yep. I can't wait to start my third small goal!