God Bless Our Troops

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Update: For those of you who have been praying for Kevin, the brother of Jimmy Moore, please take a look at Jimmy's blog. Kevin passed away early this morning. May God grant the Moore family strength and peace through this difficult time.

It was yesterday, and I almost missed it. What am I talking about? I'm talking about October 15. That is the day each year when I ask myself if it is too early to begin preparing for Christmas - as opposed to December 15 when I ask myself why I didn't get started on October 15. I am so behind this year, I never got my fall decorations up. I did put out my autumn leaf quilt, but that's pretty much it.

I overslept again today. I guess it's time to put the C-Pap mask back on. Thursday is a cardio day so I'll either do a tape or go for a walk when I get home from work.

Word of the day:
Thursday of the Twenty-eighth Week in Ordinary Time
Gospel
Lk 11:47-54
The Lord said:
“Woe to you who build the memorials of the prophets
whom your fathers killed.
Consequently, you bear witness and give consent
to the deeds of your ancestors,
for they killed them and you do the building.
Therefore, the wisdom of God said,
‘I will send to them prophets and Apostles;
some of them they will kill and persecute’
in order that this generation might be charged
with the blood of all the prophets
shed since the foundation of the world,
from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah
who died between the altar and the temple building.
Yes, I tell you, this generation will be charged with their blood!
Woe to you, scholars of the law!
You have taken away the key of knowledge.
You yourselves did not enter and you stopped those trying to enter.”
When Jesus left, the scribes and Pharisees
began to act with hostility toward him
and to interrogate him about many things,
for they were plotting to catch him at something he might say.

Thoughts from the cornfield:
The woes continue. More later . . .


God bless our troops!

No comments: