God Bless Our Troops

Saturday, November 29, 2008


Our craft show went well. This time I remembered to bring my camera. This isn't our usual set-up but it worked very well for today. This show wasn't as big as some we have participated in, but it was very well organized, well planned, and well promoted. Sumner - where the craft show was held - is in farm country out in the middle of nowhere. Despite that, the traffic was fairly steady, but not overwhelming. There was a lunch that people could buy for a very good price. I think the only drawback was the day. Thanksgiving weekend was the only Saturday available when this was planned and I think people were shopped out from yesterday. When you take all of those things into consideration, I am amazed at how well this show went. All-in-all, I'm glad we took on this one. The pace was slow enough that we could relax and visit with people. I enjoyed it. We're glad, however, that this is the last show of the season. We're ready to have our Saturdays back.

I didn't get a chance to blog much yesterday. Our daughter Anna hosted Thanksgiving this year. To know what a feat that is, you need to know that my husband is one of 12 children. This gathering includes as many of those siblings and their families as can make it. There were probably about 30 of us. Anna cooked her very first turkey ever. It was fantastic. I am not a lover of white meat, but this was so juicy, that it made a convert of me.


Gospel
Saturday of the Thirty-fourth Week in Ordinary Time
Lk 21:34-36

Jesus said to his disciples:
“Beware that your hearts do not become drowsy
from carousing and drunkenness
and the anxieties of daily life,
and that day catch you by surprise like a trap.
For that day will assault everyone
who lives on the face of the earth.
Be vigilant at all times
and pray that you have the strength
to escape the tribulations that are imminent
and to stand before the Son of Man.”



God bless our troops!

No comments: