God Bless Our Troops

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I took orders for 5 more stockings. The Ebay listing ended yesterday and I think that will be it for this year. We did a pretty good job of estimating our needs for this year and we took orders for well over 100 stockings.

I poured Carrot Cake candles last night. Can't seem to keep those in stock. I had to order more container wax and that is always an iffy thing. The companies won't be responsible for consistent quality so I am afraid to order in large lots. I am very picky about candle quality.

I also packaged some simmer scents last night. I am taking Country Cinnamon Bun with me to work today. I love that scent.

Last night's workout was a short one in front of the TV, but I had to do it in order to keep up the consistency. Getting called in to work early at the last minute really throws off my day. I didn't get the laundry done. I did get some stockings packaged, though.

Tonight I give a talk on prayer and I can't find any of my paperwork from last year so I had to re-do it last night. It's actually better than what I had, but it took time so I didn't get much else accomplished.

There is snow on the ground this morning. I love winter except for the icy roads. I take it upon myself to worry everyone safely to work. Oooops, I mean I "pray" everyone safely to work. And then there are Harold and Justin who are on the road all day.

Today is day 2 of carb depletion and so far so good except that I forgot about the water requirement. Today I have my water all set to go.

Tonight is Biggest Loser. Gotta set my VCR because I'll be home after it comes on.


Word of the day:

Tuesday of the Thirty-third Week in Ordinary Time
Gospel
Lk 19:1-10

At that time Jesus came to Jericho and intended to pass through the town.
Now a man there named Zacchaeus,
who was a chief tax collector and also a wealthy man,
was seeking to see who Jesus was;
but he could not see him because of the crowd,
for he was short in stature.
So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore tree in order to see Jesus,
who was about to pass that way.
When he reached the place, Jesus looked up and said,
“Zacchaeus, come down quickly,
for today I must stay at your house.”
And he came down quickly and received him with joy.
When they saw this, they began to grumble, saying,
“He has gone to stay at the house of a sinner.”
But Zacchaeus stood there and said to the Lord,
“Behold, half of my possessions, Lord, I shall give to the poor,
and if I have extorted anything from anyone
I shall repay it four times over.”
And Jesus said to him,
“Today salvation has come to this house
because this man too is a descendant of Abraham.
For the Son of Man has come to seek
and to save what was lost.”

Thoughts from the cornfield:
I am a primitive crafter. Often when browsing the booths of others, I come across little sayings on weathered wood. "Simplify" is a popular one. Simplify - easier said than done - and it does take doing. So often our faith is passive in nature. We expect to sit back and God will seek us out. Actually, God will seek us out, but if we are not proactive in clearing out the clutter in our lives, we may miss seeing him. In today's reading, Zacchaeus takes proactive steps to clear his view so that he can see Jesus. He is rewarded far beyond just seeing him. Jesus goes home with him. As Advent approaches, we are reminded that we need to simplify. As the secular world prepares for Christmas (the commercial one, not the actual birth of Christ), the pace picks up. Our lives are jam packed with shopping, cooking, planning, wrapping etc. Advent gets lost in the confusion. But Advent is important. As my friend Flylady says we need to clear out and declutter so that we have room to receive the gifts that God has for us. This advent, we need to make sure that when Jesus comes to us, there is room in the inn - and in our hearts.


God bless the troops!

No comments: