God Bless Our Troops


Veterans - thank you all for your service to our country. Thanks to you we are able to live in freedom in the most wonderful country on earth. May God bless you richly for your sacrifices for others.



Daily stats:

Type: Walk/jog
Route: Deadend/back
Time: 25 minutes
Steps: 2700
Down 2.2 from last Tuesday

Well, every single HRM watch I have needs new batteries so for now I will track steps. I may even stay with that. Who knows.

We have a craft show every Saturday for the next 3 weeks. After that we pull back and prepare for our own gift giving. It's nice to have a stash on hand from which to make gift baskets. I managed to clean a little more of the fridge last night. I also made 2 batches of fudge and sewed up all but 2 of the stockings. Tonight I steam them, package them up, and set them out for our fabulous mail-lady to pick up.

I have one more batch of fudge to make and then I have to package all of it for the show on Saturday. Today is a carb-down day for me so I won't be doing any testing. :)

Word of the Day:
Memorial of Saint Martin of Tours, bishop
Gospel
Lk 17:7-10

Jesus said to the Apostles:
“Who among you would say to your servant
who has just come in from plowing or tending sheep in the field,
‘Come here immediately and take your place at table’?
Would he not rather say to him,
‘Prepare something for me to eat.
Put on your apron and wait on me while I eat and drink.
You may eat and drink when I am finished’?
Is he grateful to that servant because he did what was commanded?
So should it be with you.
When you have done all you have been commanded, say,
‘We are unprofitable servants;
we have done what we were obliged to do.’”

Thoughts from the cornfield:
When I read this Gospel passage my mind immediately goes to the passage in John's Gospel; the one where Jesus kneels down and washes the feet of his disciples. He has given us example.



God bless our veterans!
God bless our troops!

No comments: