God Bless Our Troops

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

You know, semi-retirement really hasn't sunk in yet. I would normally be off at this time. It will sink in next Monday when I rush around in the morning and then remember that I don't have to go to the school. It will be nice to be able to focus a little more (a lot more) on my remaining job - music director at my church. We have a project that we're working on and I need to get started on that. We are recording a CD in memory of our late member John. There are copyright permissions that need to be attended to. Then I need to assemble the music, schedule a couple of rehearsals, contact the recording guy and get this thing done.
*******************************************************
I cut the soap into bars this morning. It smells wonderful.



I also made some of my Country Prim Soap in the shape of Valentine Hearts. I scented it with Honey, Oats, and Milk. Those will be listed on the website sometime soon. Country Prim soap isn't quite as luxurious as the stuff made from scratch, but I can do fun things with it. It still doesn't have the detergent and nasty stuff that store bought soap has.





********************************************************************
I've been having an argument with myself all morning about whether I am going to work out today. Yes, Mary Ann is making her presence known. I am tuning her out. I have a bill that has to go in the mail and then I am hitting the treadmill.
********************************************************************
Okay, it took me a while to hit the treadmill. I need to get in gear earlier in the morning. It is too tempting to do website work while I am sitting here in jammies with a big mug of cafe latte.

Anyway, I did finally get on the treadmill. I saw that Nina was keeping tabs on me. :)

Daily stats:
Type: Treadmill

Route: Custom 2
Time: 20
Average heart rate: 120
Max heart rate: 137
Down 1.2
from last Tuesday (whoo hoo!)

********************************************************************
Word of the day
The Sixth Day in the Octave of Christmas
Gospel
Lk 2:36-40

There was a prophetess, Anna,
the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher.
She was advanced in years,
having lived seven years with her husband after her marriage,
and then as a widow until she was eighty-four.
She never left the temple,
but worshiped night and day with fasting and prayer.
And coming forward at that very time,
she gave thanks to God and spoke about the child
to all who were awaiting the redemption of Jerusalem.

When they had fulfilled all the prescriptions
of the law of the Lord,
they returned to Galilee,
to their own town of Nazareth.
The child grew and became strong, filled with wisdom;
and the favor of God was upon him.

God bless our troops!

*********************************************************

No comments: